Sunday, February 7, 2010

We Have A Kitchen

Well it has been a while since my last post and I think I have a good excuse, its not that here hasn’t been progress on the house, there has been. No its just the little fact that child number 3 arrived on Tuesday the 19th of Jan, another boy which makes 3 under 3!!!!

Anyway this blog is about our house and a few things have been completed like all the in-fills, plastering, air-con set-up and best of all, our kitchen is in!!





Kitchen Benchtop - Kashmire Granite (Diamond Gloss)

Ensuite Cabinet & Benchtop (Brook Pebble Dimensions Finish)


I caught up with our Construction Manager (CM) last week to officially check in on the progress and we are ahead of schedule so when I asked for a estimated handover date I was told the 30th of April, that’s over 12 weeks to do the electrical cut out & fit off, the plumbing fit off, architraves etc, paint, lay the driveway & lay the floors.

Now considering the amount achieved to date I am disappointed it won’t be any earlier than 5 days prior to the contracted finish. Then again I shouldn’t have expected anything less and already 2 things that were supposed to happen this week didn’t.

I will just have to learn some patience, something I struggle with!

3 comments:

  1. hi darl - firstly - bloody congrats Luv on bub 3 - 3 under 3 - phew - you are a LEGEND!!! Amazing work - well done, guess the sooner the house the better, but will probably work out for good timing actually with the newborn... AND The kitchen looks gorgeous - really nice. Can you tell me how you got that photo of your home from space - I want that of our place??? is it possible for us to do the same???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, thanks very much, we do feel we are a complete family now and cant wait for the house to be finished, but we knw it will happen in its own time.
    The shot from space is from nearmap.com. I have a link on my blog. I then take a screen shot (alt+print screen) and paste into paint (ctrl+V) to crop out what I dont want. Once you get to nearmap just put your address or the nearest main road and it should find your place.

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG thanks so much - I've done it!!!

    whoohooo - my friends are going to think I'm soooo smart... hehehe

    ReplyDelete