Monday, November 16, 2009

A Big Week

Well it’s been a big week for the MaxyB family as we moved out of our old place and in with Mrs B’s Mum & Dad.

It was long drawn out weekend which started early Saturday morning when I picked up the van from Budget. Mrs B’s dad helped me load in all our stuff we were taking with us as well as the hard rubbish and op-shop gear. This took us close to lunch time and I arrived at our new (temporary) home and preceded to un-pack which didn’t take too long and I had the van returned by 3pm.

I spent the next 5 hours finalising all the boxes and breaking down all the wall units and storage units ready to be packed in the shipping container where they will live for the next 4 or so months.

I was back on site at 6:30 Sunday morning finalising somethings before the removalists arrived just before 8. I set the removalists on their way and I disappeared to get other chores done like delivering more stuff to the Salvos, wash my car and have a bacon & eggs breakie while reading the paper.

By 11am the guys were finished and there was room to spare in the container, but not much. We had a joke about the fact the BBQ would be one of the first things out and I said I would do some snags when they unloaded in a few months time, they said sure thing and mentioned the esky wasn’t too far from the BBQ, I am guessing they will want a couple of "frothies" to wash down the snags!!

Here are a couple of photos of our old place which has served us well over the last 6 plus years. Mrs B & myself will always have fond memories but our family has well & truly grown to big for it and we now count down to when we can move into our new home.

We will pay one last visit & take the kids to say bye bye on Thursday as we settle on Friday the 20th and it will be ours no longer






Now while we were busy with moving we did go and pay the site a visit. Now after speaking with our construction manager I had expected to see all our roof trusses up and our frame completed but alas we had everything bar the roof trusses fixed to the frame.



Our Bedroom

Family Room

Rumpus Room


Now here’s hoping that by the end of this week we have roof tiles because if we do we are back on schedule with what our Construction Manager said last Wednesday.

Also there is an added bonus in living with the in-laws, we are closer to the block so a quick visit is only 15 min each way, a trip I am sure I will be making more often now, gotta love daylight savings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment