Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Joys of Building part 4

Well it’s been a weird week in that we have done a lot in regards to our old house but apart from an electricity meter absolutely bugger all happened on our site this week.

We successfully transitioned our life to Mrs B’s parents. We have had some calls to go home from our eldest and we did pay a visit to our old house with it empty which seemed to help him understand but being 2 & a half your never quite sure.

We had the carpets cleaned and thanks to my mum who spent all day Monday cleaning, (thanks Mum!) The old place came up a treat and on 11:20am Friday the 20th of November and after 6 years and not quite 2 months it slipped into the hands of another.

Now onto our new home, as I said we have a electricity meter, woopie, we can now get power bills to go with our water bill.

Other than that sweet fa happened so that means a week where there was decent weather was wasted and yet again what the construction manager told me didn’t happen. I must say that is the most frustrating thing about it, here he painted a picture of progress and I should have seen roof tiles this week but alas NOTHING.

I will give it another week and see what happens, if we get to next weekend with no action I will be really shitty because they would be damn close giving up all the spare time they had in their schedule after pouring the slab ahead of time.

I have said it before and I will say it again, ah the joys of building!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment