Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Too Much Thinking Time

Well we are at that stage of the project where we are just waiting for the action to start. As we settled on the land last week we are now waiting for the building permit to be approved and works to commence on our site, until then we are left with colour selections, choosing taps etc.

Unfortunately while I am thinking about that my mind keeps drifting towards the backyard and what we will do with that. We have identified an area where we would like a "patio" but the questions come up, pavers, concrete....oooohh polished concrete and then comes the question that follows any flash of inspiration HOW MUCH $$$$

We originally paid for coloured concrete for our veranda and alfresco but that was before we upgraded the bricks and I now think polished concrete would be great and have asked for a quote. Now if that comes back at a not too unreasonable price and I say yes, what then the patio out back, where one would want to match the alfresco, I am sure it aint cheap to concrete and polish 24 sqm of backyard, as I said too much thinking time.

Now if my suspicions prove correct and its beyond our budget and we go pavers, then do I lay them myself where the only benefit would be cost or suck it up and get them professionally laid where the benefits would be time, better job and someone to blame if it goes wrong.

Now I don't have to make a decision for some months and a lot of this maybe decided for me as I may not have the cash but its just one of the dilemmas of building, what you want and what you can afford maybe two different things.

Well one thing we will have to do soon is go and chat with the cabinet makers and tilers so we can decide on the look of the kitchen and bathrooms, once we have done that the inside will be done and everything after that will become a dreaded variation, more $$$$$$

aahh the joys, at least the A-League Season starts tomorrow, Go Victory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment