Tuesday, April 13, 2010

311 days down 17 to go

I spoke with my Construction Manager (CM) today and it would appear I jumped the gun on appointing blame for the telephone cable & fit off. The dodgy so & so’s who did the crappy work was Telstra and considering their reputation and the fact they have waived the $300 installation fee I guess I am stuck with their workmanship, well at least to handover when I fix it.

When talking to my CM he informed me that our driveway will be installed by the end of the week, as will our bamboo floor. The plasterer comes in on Wednesday and the painter is due on Friday. There is the first wave of cleaning on Monday the 19th with the carpet being laid on the morning of Tuesday the 20th.

That means our project completion inspection (PCI) is in the afternoon of Tuesday the 20th of April. This time in a week we would have seen 99.9% of the finished article, only another clean, an oven and hotplates to go, oh and any thing we find in the inspection.

The countdown has begun and MrsB and I are starting to get very keen and increasingly impatient. Considering we walked into the sales office on Saturday June 6th 2009 it’s been a long 311 days so far.

By the time we get the keys it will be 328 days since we walked into the sales office and decided to build a house, 300 days since we signed the building contract and 218 days since construction started.

When you have already been waiting 311 days, another 17 doesn’t seem so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment