Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Finally Some Action..............well sort of

Well we finally have some action, well no physical action but a building permit, confirmation of the “official” start date and some clarification on some of my variations.

Our Building Permit was issued on the 10th of September and I am told the “Official” Start Date is the 1st of October. Now the word “official” is a bit flaky as they do still mention starting earlier but either way I have a start date and I couldn’t be happier…………....for now, next I want a slab.

As for our variations, I am still waiting on a breakdown of the AirCon but we have confirmed that we are getting Strand Woven Bamboo Floorboards, an external GPO for the water tank pump and Vinyl Wrap kitchen cupboards doors and draws.

So finally I feel as we are getting some where, even though we have achieved so much in such a short time. We walked into the display house on Saturday June 6 and now just over 3.5 months later our new house will spring from the ground and grow into our family home.

4 comments:

  1. hey this is the building process - slowly slowly, BUT a permit, that's a ticket to a ride, you will be off and running b4 you know it, and the first few stages go quite quickly! So, hopefully less stress for you now you can see your home "spring" up! and BTW, aren't those homes just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear things are finally starting to happen! You won't be disappointed with the vinyl wrap - we did that in the kids bathroom and it looks fantastic. M&D(&C&D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks M&D, I am pleased they look good. I just thought the standard laminate looked cheap. Nice to see your checking the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Annie, I will feel much better when I see actual physical progress & yes those homes are gorgeous, maybe if I win tatts!!

    ReplyDelete