Saturday, September 19, 2009

We have a TAP

Well we ventured out on our usual Saturday excursion to see if anything had happened to our block in the last week, and to also check out the progress of a friend’s house which is being built just around the corner from our place.

We have been venturing out every Saturday for the last 6 weeks in the off chance we will see some sign our new home is about to spring up from the ground and take shape before our very eyes, and in the past there has been nothing.

Our friend’s house has been making good progress and we noticed it has been framed and wrapped in the last week, so we got out of the car and had a sticky beak which was fun in that we now cant wait to do that with our place.

When we finished our sticky beak we jumped back into our car and headed off to our block and low & behold we have a TAP.

I never thought I would get excited over a tap but is the first physical sign of progress in building our new home. No longer is progress measured in paper work signed, colours chosen no, now progress can be measured on what we can see and touch, and eventually walk through.

I am so excited, I have posted a picture of the now famous tap and you would have to admit, it’s quite a good looking tap, well as far as taps are concerned.



We only hope that by next Saturday our tap has a friend like form work or even a slab!

5 comments:

  1. ah yes we couldn't help but smile when we saw our tap too - it's very significant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs B and my family think I am a bit strange for being excited about the tap, I tell them they just dont get it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU MIGHT HAVE TAP BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY ALSO PUT IT TO THE EXPENCE THING CALLED A METER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My first visit to your blog. Since you are building, you might find my blog helpful. Be sure to read my post on "backing" before you put in drywall as there are some helpful tips to consider. Best of luck. ...susan
    http://designingyourdreamhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I did notice the meter and chose to igore it as I am syre I will get a bill soon

    ReplyDelete