Sunday, September 27, 2009

We have been Levelled

Well we ventured out on a pretty wet & miserable Grand Final Day to discover we have had yet another week of actual progress.

We have been allocated our construction manager who will be the man responsible for building our home. We have clarified all outstanding variation requests, apart from the Air Conditioning. It would appear easier to come up with a price and really difficult to actually explain how you get to that price! No worries, we will continue to wait.

But all that wasn’t the biggest thing to happen this week, the biggest thing was our block of land was scrapped and levelled in preparation for the slab. This is real progress and if the rain holds off we may actually get plumbing and form work next week. I did fear that when I signed my building contract I would be responsible for breaking the drought and to date I am on track for doing so and as a result I am not expecting too much progress next week.

Below are pictures of our Block
(click on the pictures for a better look)

Before............

After.................

Now I wonder what they will do with all the top soil and dirt. I was hoping they could maybe mulch it for me and the spread it out over the block once the house was built, maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

I do have some concerns over the area against the neighbour’s fence; does it need a retaining wall? I didn’t think one was allocated for in our contract but as far as I am concerned it can’t stay the way it is and I won’t be paying any extra. I guess we will have to wait & see.

If the rain continues I will imagine our blcok may turn into pretty boggy mess, I guess we will find out next week when we have another look

2 comments:

  1. wishful thinking! I think so! lol

    and yes, boggy mess is a good way to describe it (see my blog for boggy shoes on more than one occasion!)

    You MUST, get a pair of gumboots! Try to make them cute... it's the in thing apparently, and we, unlike most of trendy society, actually have a good excuse to buy them!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Annie, I spoke with my construction manager today and he said the spoil had to much grass and other "crap" in it to be kept aside and spread about the block.
    I may get gumboots, but I can assure you they will not be cute, plain black for me

    ReplyDelete