Saturday, March 6, 2010

Not much to report

Well we managed to dodge most of the very bad weather over in the outer east but it still bucketed down so we planned a very quick visit and just as well.

When we arrived we noticed all the windows had plastic all over them, a bit like Dexter had prepared his “work area”.

I did find one window with no plastic and it was obvious the painters had started but not quite finished. What I could see was good and I think we have done ok with our colour choice but next weekend will be good as we get in while we have a measure & quote done on our blinds.

The only other quirky thing today was our over the road neighbour had decided to park his ute in our garage. Now I guess I shouldn’t mind but I did notice some tyre marks on the fresh concrete floor, so they had better be gone or words will be spoken. Also I presume it was a once off to avoid the expected hail and if that is the case no worries, but if I see it again next week, then words will be spoken!!

Anyway no pictures this week and there was nothing to see, but next week should yield and good deal of new shots.

3 comments:

  1. parked in your garage??? OMG who does that! hail or not, I would never do that... it really says a lot about that person you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst thing is my spies (my inlaws have 2 sets of friends that live in the area) say he has been doing it all week. I am at a loss as to what I should do. I really want to say WTF do you think your doing but I will be living next to this guy for some time so I think I need to be careful.
    I am tempted to tell the builder if therte is any damage or cleaning bills to send it to him.
    I am going there early next Saturday and if its there I think I will have to say something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you can approach it with "Thanks for making the house look a little more lived in or watched - I'm sure that your ute in my driveway has discouraged a few breakins and such, but you are leaving marks on my concrete. It might be better for you to find somewhere else to park to avoid further damage to my new home."? Try to make it into a neighbourly gesture rather than some moron using your shelter because he can? Not quite so confronting that way... I think you need to make it clear to him that cars shouldn't be on it while it is so wet and that you are concerned about damage, though.

    He should be able to pick up on the whole trespassing idea without the word being spoken. Just knowing he's been caught should be enough to ward him off!!

    How frustrating and uncomfortable... Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete