Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some things done & some not

Last week I made a list of the things I had to do and what the builder had to do & we both have ticked some items off the list.

The tiling is complete and I must say I am happy about it; I am not so sure Mrs B is. You see she wanted our tiles in the kitchen to be laid in a “Brick” style but I wanted the traditional one on to of the other style and after the tiler said the brick style would look odd with such a large rectangular tile I was on a winner and in the end I got my way.

The decorative tiles in the shower look good and the floor tiles are understated as we wanted. I don’t have photos as I didn’t have the camera on me when I snuck in, but I will sort something out in the next couple of weeks.

The AirCon condenser has been installed and the toilet window replaced and that’s about it. I still don’t have the quote for the driveway and the sparkie has not started his fit off.

It looks like twice weekly phone calls and emails are on the cards yet again as I feel a more “active” approach from myself is necessary, especially if we are to make the PCI date of April 19.

I on the other hand have been busy and I have purchased my home entertainment “kit” and I have organised Telstra & Foxtel. I was right and I only have one choice of ISP and its Telstra Wireless, at least they have dropped their prices a bit.

The whole program relies on hand over occurring no later than April 30 as I have organised the removalist, the bed delivery, the blinds to be installed and my home entertainment “kit” & unit to be delivered all on Saturday the 1st of May. I will try and get the antenna guy also but I won’t be too fussed if this doesn’t happen.

The dishwasher and microwave will arrive on Monday the 3rd as does the Telstra technician and brining up the rear on Tuesday the 4th is the Foxtel man.

All I need now is the keys

No comments:

Post a Comment