Thursday, October 22, 2009

52 Long Days

It has taken 52 days, 52 LONG days but we finally have a breakdown of the air-conditioning quote and low & behold the quote is now 15% cheaper.

I can now finally make sense of the quote and I have managed to do some research on the brand and models used, and all appears OK. We have been quoted a 11.2Kw unit for cooling which I will ask about, as I want to make sure we can run all zones at once.

While the quote is still more expensive than the 3rd party quote and the builder wont let a 3rd party on site during construction and he is not legally oblidged to do so, so I look at the extra expense as the price I pay to not have a brand new roof opened and copper pipes run inside the wall and not outside.

All that’s left to do is clarify a few questions, like why they have downgraded our heater model from the specs, is the heater and cooling controlled by the one unit and can the 11.2Kw unit cope with cooling the whole house and not just individual zones? Lets hope this doesn’t take another 52 days!!

Oh and we now have a SLAB & some bricks, woo hoo. (Pictures will follow this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment