Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Joys of Building

Another weekend and another trip out to our block to see what progress has been made, and after my conversations with our construction manager (CM) I anticipated that the power would have been relocated to the other side of the house and we would see trenching dug and possibly some form work in preparation for Tuesday’s slab pour.

So what did we see when we went out today? Well a big fat NOTHING!!!!

There has been no progress since last week and quite obviously what my CM told me didn’t happen. So I am very disappointed, but trying to be a glass half full kind of person I look at the positive, if on our journey out next weekend we find a slab and the power relocated we will be exactly where we thought we would be, so it won’t matter that nothing happened this week.

Having said that I will be calling my CM on Tuesday to confirm the slab pour and I will mention I noticed that the power had not been relocated when he said it would, in a nice way of course. It’s too early in the process to be jumping up & down, just as long as he knows that I am keeping track and I expect him to deliver what he says he will and when he says he will.

In the end one has to be patient and we are still ahead of schedule, I guess its just the joys of building

2 comments:

  1. I know you say you have to be patient, but seriously, what does it say about a CS who DOESN"T know what's going on with his own schedule. I'd be have pretty good words with him to make him understand that he has lost credibility with you and you will be watching very closely from now on. That's pathetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to call him tomorrow and confirm that the pour is going to happen on Tuesday and if then he says it wont I will be asking what the hell is going on because what he has told me hasnt not even come close to coming true. I will hold fire until I find out what is happening with the pour, but yes it does worry me

    ReplyDelete