Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Joys of Building part 3

Well we still have no slab but that hasn’t stopped head office sending me an invoice for the slab with 7 days to pay, oh and they sent it Friday so by the time I got it 3 days have passed. If I miss the 7 day window they can charge penalty interest!!!

So I rang both my CM and left a message with head office. My CM called me back and confirmed the pour would happen tomorrow. I have now emailed the head office about the fact we don’t have a slab so I am not sure they should invoice me just yet and I would hope they don’t plan on charging me interest if I don’t pay by the 23rd, there will be a very unhappy client if they try to.

I re-read the contract last night and they have not complied with section 30.1, so lets hope we don’t have to go down that path

Anyway the frame also starts on Friday so they are making great progress, just a few administrative issues one has to deal with, ah the Joys of Building

2 comments:

  1. that is REALLY unprofessional and shows what kind of organisation they are. You need to keep a very close eye on everything with your build!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very dissapointed and yes I am checking everything. I am sure they hate me but if these mistakes continue I will be come quite annoying

    ReplyDelete