Thursday, October 8, 2009

Site Visit With CM

Well I met my Construction Manager (CM) this morning and he seems like a good bloke. We had a good chat about our house and the process involved in building it. He again confirmed that weather permitting the slab would be poured next Tuesday and he planned for the frame to be finished a fortnight after that.

I mentioned to him that I don’t like surprises and that if any issues should pop up he should let me know early. He mentioned they may need to move our crossover for the driveway and that may cost extra, I would hope not but let’s just wait & see. Other than that he didn't anticipate any issues so let’s hope they keep motoring along.

I asked him when he expects to finish and as I suspected he wouldn’t commit to a time but he said they shut down for 4 weeks over Christmas. He did say he expects that "Lock Up" would be achieved prior to the shutdown, which would mean they would be ahead of schedule so I estimate a mid March hand over, hopefully.

We still plan to visit the site this weekend and we should see trenches dug for the slab and form work ready for Tuesdays pour, as C. Montgomery Burns would say “Excellent”

2 comments:

  1. March 2010 - I'll hold you to that! (that's what you should say to them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is they didnt say that. I am using the timelines they gave me when I signed the contract. I asked how long each stage should take and built a timeline which I am using as a baseline. If they deliver early I presume that the next stage wont take longer, hence my prediction of mid March. The end of the 220 day window is 27 April and mid march makes it a 178 day build.

    ReplyDelete