Monday, October 5, 2009

We Have Been Plumbed

Well we went on our weekend pilgrimage to see what progress had occurred in the previous 7 days.

Low & behold we have been plumbed

It’s always exciting to see progress and in a week they have dug all the trenches and laid all the pipes for stormwater, sewage and water. They have also marked out the site in preparation for the slab, very exciting.

It is also the first time where we get a real understanding on the footprint of our house. It’s a little smaller than I imagined, but that’s always the way. It’s a lot bigger than we have now and it will easily accommodate our family.

The builders are really making progress and are ahead of schedule; however they have made a mistake which may delay the slab.

When we were planning our house I wanted the switchboard / meter box on the blind side of the house and I paid extra for the change but when I arrived this weekend the first thing I noticed was the power cable sticking out of the ground on the wrong side of the house. The sparky had obviously taken the easy route in it being just 4 metres from the pit, but I paid to have it on the other side so I was defiantly going to raise it with the builder.

I rang the builder this morning & pointed out my issue, they checked the plans and straight away said they would have it fixed and apologised for the error. I was waiting for them to try and talk me into letting them off, & I may have for certain favours down the line and a refund but it never got that far.

So I am pleased to date with the builder except to say they didn’t read the plans properly & I am still waiting for my aircon cost breakdown, but other than that I have not had any tension and they are ahead of schedule.

Below are some pictures of our Plumbed & Marked Out Block……….

This where the power was run to

This is where it should have gone on the far right hand side

Our garage, the biggest room in the House!

A view from the back of the block

2 comments:

  1. it just goes to show, you've gotta check everything, I know the board could have been changed later, but it would have slowed things down... well checked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so right, every little detail needs to be checked and I have evry intention of doing so, lets hope they soon realise that I will and ensure there are no mistakes

    ReplyDelete