Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Joys of Building part 2

Well I finally got hold of my Construction Manager (CM) to see how we are going with the slab and the power relocation; it only took 2 phone calls and 21 hours, ahh the Joys of Building!!

Good news the power has been relocated, so I look forward to seeing the cables and the earth stake on the right side of the house.

Apparently the concreters couldn’t get on site until last Monday so they are scheduled to do the pour on Friday…………………..

Your waiting for the BUT!!

But Friday’s pour is dependant on the weather and for those Melbournians you will know for the first time in a decade we are looking at an above average October rainfall, after an above average September rainfall, so I am taking personal credit if it means the drought is broken.

As our block of land is just a really big piece of clay and a little rain turns that into a really big piece of mud, and you can't dig channels, lay formwork and pour concrete into mud, so I am not getting my hopes up that we will have a concrete pour on Friday.

So cross your fingers that it doesn’t rain too much over the outer eastern burbs of Melbourne over the next few days and when we venture out on Saturday we see a really big lump of concrete!!!

4 comments:

  1. well I think next mon and tues is sunny days, so that's your back up plan right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mon 23 and Tues 27 degrees ,so no excuses next week from the concreters! Bloody tradesmen! M&D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking out the window and its pissing down. I am wondering if we will need a couple of clear days for it to dry out even before they finish the formwork, not good, bloody rain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry - it'll dry!

    yes DH did have a say in what we did, but moreso on my suggestion, I wanted him to be happy too... so he didn't nag me later... hmmm

    as for boys room... be prepared, there's a bit of wallpaper in there too!!! Tried to keep his a bit simpler than DD's tho... I'll post details over next week... finally getting things finalised - FINALLY!!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete