Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cabling Done & Merry Christmas

I went to the house yesterday after work and installed my speaker cables and data cable. Now I can say I helped build our house!! I am sure over the years my physical contribution will grow to the point where I built the whole thing!!

It took me a couple of hours but its worth it as now things are hidden and I am ready to fit off as soon as they finish painting.

It also gave me a good opportunity to check things out and marvel at yet more progress.

The sparky & plumber have finished and the platform to hold the Heater/AirCon unit has been completed. The only issue with that is the size of the platform and the fact I wont be able to install the speakers I wanted to as I will be limited to a mounting depth of 100mm, and the speakers I had chosen have a mounting depth of 138mm, D’Oh!!

Oh well after a bit of research and I have identified two alternatives which both have pros & cons, not too worry, I have a few months to make a decision anyway.

Now the brickies have not quite finished, it would appear someone broke the window to the front bedroom and I can tell you that the Construction manager (CM) is none to pleased about it either. It’s double glazed as part of our 5 star energy rating and because no tradie owned up it comes out of the builders pocket, ouch!!

Anyway my CM confirmed that the plastering is being done and should be completed by tomorrow and the bricks and infill should be done by tomorrow also, which means we have completed lockup by Christmas and with the plastering done we are already into the fixing stage. A mid March handover just become a possibility again, Woo Hoo.

We will venture over to the house on Boxing Day and check it all out. I will post pictures then but in the mean time Merry Christmas to all and may all our tradies come back from holidays refreshed and ready to go!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay MaxyB! I am so happy for you and I must say you are Lucky too - The builders stopped for us on 18.12.09 when they finished our frame and it is not even wrapped! So until the 18.01.10 there will be nothing. So we need to get xmas out of the way so the builders can get back to it! lol
    Merry Christmas to you and your family
    Kel and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing what can be achieve with some cencetrated effort. Its just a shame one doesnt see that level of activity every week.

    Dont worry I am sure once they are back on board the roofers will be at your place because none of the new blocks around the Gateway are ready for the roof.

    Lets hope after 3 weeks off the builders are up for some 6 day weeks!!!!

    Merry Christmas to you, Ryan and the rest of the Kelly n Ryan Clan

    ReplyDelete