Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Slow Progress

It was a nice sunny day and I had a phone call from our Construction Manager (CM) on Monday so we thought, yeh there would be progress, let’s make a quick dash and have a look at the house.

Well there had been progress, just not a lot!!

We have a front door, albeit temporary, two of our the three gables installed and all the temporary supports taken out of the frame now that the roof is on. The roof is yet to be finished though!!

Its nice to see a clean shell inside and to be able to walk around, and I guess having it “lockable” so to speak means the plumbers and sparkies can do their bit, I am a little disappointed at the pace, or should I say lack of pace in our build.

I simply can’t see them getting to lockup by the 18th. The only good sign is the house around the corner, the one we seem to have to wait for nearly has all its brick work completed and our CM told me that once they finish there they will move on to our place.

I know it only takes 2 people a day to do the wiring and a couple of days to run the copper pipe through, so I guess lockup is achievable by Christmas, I just don’t think we will get there.

Anyway here are some pictures from todaywith an updated site photo, just click on any photo for a better look.




We wont make our usual Saturday visit but we will get out there on Sunday and we hope there is some more substantial progress.

Also I would like to thank my Dad for his eagle eye and willingness to make an early morning visit to the site for the fact that I have a way of entering the house when it is locked up, very sneaky, but extremely handy I say, thanks Dad & Marg

1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott, Good progress. I am sure you will have a great time when you all move in..

    All the very best! I am tracking the progress.

    cheers

    Jose

    ReplyDelete