Monday, December 14, 2009

Would You Believe?

I rang my Construction Manager (CM) to find out what was going on and what he planned to achieve prior to the Christmas shutdown.

First off the CM stated work stops on the 23rd of December, not the 19th as I had previously been told, mind you they don’t come back until the 18th of Jan, a week later than I thought, so overall no real change as they have 3 weeks off.

I asked if he still planned to get to lock up by the 23rd and he said yes, the brickies were there today and they would be there again Wednesday and for the rest of the week after that. OK that sounds good.

I asked if the plumbing would be done and again he said “yes that should be done Thursday”, the electrical work I asked, “Friday the sparky is due”, mmm so can I wire up my speakers this weekend, “yes you have to”, why is that I asked, he replied that the plasterers are not taking too much time off and want to plaster the place by the 18th of Jan. As a result he has to have all the plumbing, aircon / heater works, electrical wiring, bricks and in-fills done by the 23rd of December.

Now all this sounds fantastic but I am not getting my hopes up. I have a little mental picture of Maxwell Smart going would you believe in a week you will see so much progress that only the wet areas and fit off remain? Would you believe 2 weeks?

It all sounds too good to be true

The plan is to call him on Thursday to confirm I can do my wiring and organise a key (can’t let them know I don’t really need one!!!). Then on Saturday or Sunday I will go over and run my 4 speaker wires, run a string line for the foxtel cable and run my cat6 data cable from where the computer will go to the TV.

If all that happens by Christmas Day then a mid March handover is back on the agenda.

I guess I just have to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment