Monday, December 7, 2009

We Have a Roof

No mid-week visits this week as there wasn’t enough time and it would have meant another wasted visit on Saturday.

A little birdie told us on Thursday that we had a roof and a conversation with our Construction Manager (CM) confirmed this on Friday. He said the tiles had been done but it had not been “pointed” and “if they had time” they would finish that off by Saturday.

When we arrived it was quite obvious they didn’t have time but it was nice to see some progress and that our roof tile & gutter / fascia selection looked good.

Front Veranda

From the neighbours front yard
Inside the roof

Out Back

More of the backyard


Garage

There is not much more to report except to say the builders are on site today as I received a phone call from our CM asking me which way I would like the front door to open. It would appear the proper door frame has arrived, just one thing it opens the wrong way! so I said, no I want it how its shown on the plans.

I hope this means we will get our roof pointed and the bricks will start being laid around the remainder of the house. I keep being told lockup will occur by the xmas shutdown but I am growing more sceptical by the day as it would require a work effort I am yet to see on our site.

I did go out and complete one of those many side tasks in that I purchased my speaker cable and data cable, that way I am ready to get on site and run the cables prior to the plastering. I got away with it cheaper than I originally thought which is always nice.

Oh well I guess that’s it for another week, but hey maybe a mid-week visit is needed and hopefully another update to the blog is required!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment