Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finally some action

Its Saturday so its time to visit the new house and see what has happened in the last week.

Now I didn’t have my hopes up as I had tried to contact our Construction Manager (CM) to see how things had gone and organise a key so I could get into the house and run the speaker cables and data cable.

I rang twice on Thursday & once on Friday with no luck, he didn’t return my calls, which you can imagine, I found quite frustrating and its poor form in my opinion.

So we arrived on site and not only had there been progress but “Dave” the plumber was there packing up. He kindly let us in and gave us an update as to where he was at.

So we have all the gas pipes done, the bath and 2 shower bases are in and the ensuite has its water pipes run in. The copper pipe work for the hot water service is done and all that’s left is the water pipes for the kitchen, laundry and bathroom.

The sparky has been and all the power has been run in and all the wall plates for the GPO’s and light switches installed. The lighting needs to be finished off and then he is done, for now anyway.

The brickies are almost finished and by the looks of things another couple of days & they will be all done apart from washing the bricks. The roof has been completed but when they replaced one broken tile they have damaged another, so I will let them know and I am sure it will be replaced.

The ducted heating / AirCon ducts have been installed with the pan and platform ready for the ducted heating and AirCon units.

So overall I am very pleased and if they keep up this level of activity then we should have lockup by next Wednesday no problems, all I need a is a key so I can run my cables. If we don’t manage to get one then I am sure I will work something out and they will just magically appear, if you know what I mean.

Below are pictures and I have updated the latest site photo, click on any of them for a better look.


























Talk about timing, as we were about to leave some of the MaxyB extended family arrived to have a look at our house, lucky for them we managed to get back into the house and give them the grand tour. I had to appologise as I couldnt offer them a cold beer, but there is always next time, and for us next week, I cant wait to see what they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment